Osteoporosis is one of the most common bone diseases. Millions of people all around the world are known to suffer from this condition. Women are known to be the main victims of this deadly disease. However, luckily osteoporose can be treated and cured.
Facts To Learn
Osteoporosis is treatable but one should know that osteoporose tratarmento is very expensive. Therefore, it is important for you to pay attention to your bone health so that you don’t fall victim to it. Here are some important facts about osteoporosis you should know.
- Loss of bone density with age is a normal thing. The density of our bones slowly starts decreasing as we cross 40. For women, it may get accelerated with hitting menopause.
- Many of you may not know this but the risk of getting osteoporosis may increase with gender, body size and ethnicity. One should quit smoking in order to prevent osteoporosis. Also, taking calcium and vitamin D can help you maintain the health of your bones.
- Men are less susceptible to osteoporosis. Men are known to get osteoporosis after women. This is because men have more bone density than women.
- Osteoporosis is known to increase the chances of getting bone fractures. The condition makes your bone structure weak and fragile and thus, the chances of getting fractures increases.
- It is advised that old people should go for osteoporosis screening. This is especially important for women as they are more prone to the said condition.
- Osteoporosis is treated with the help of both physical therapy and medications. The treatment is expensive.
From the above facts, we can draw that osteoporosis is not a good thing to have. You should take good care of your bones so that you can prevent it from happening.